26 January 2009

Another Year (or semester)

So apparently it's finally fallen upon me to be justly annoyed because I, like so many before me, have to return to school. It isn't that I don't like school-- I do-- I just don't like having to get up every morning and drive into the city for sometimes as little as two hours (like today) to sit in a room full of people whose names I can't remember and not talk to any of them.

Of course, most would say this is my fault. Branch out! You'll never know unless you try! Just suck it up and make friends! No, yes I will, and shut up, either of my brothers.

Then again, anything would be a marked improvement over sitting on the sidewalk with headphones in, typing away at a computer in front of the building in which my next class is. But I did just remember why I love this school in particular, with that incredibly attractive guy walking by just now. He's probably an upperclassman and would thus have no interest in me. However, I have seen several people already whom I recognise; mostly it's the people I've seen in my daily sitting-around-and-watching-people-pass-the-cafe sessions from last semester.

Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky in my first class and someone from one of my classes last semester will appear. It is the required class for first years after all.

Fuck this sidewalk is cold.

No comments: