17 March 2009

We Can Be All I Said Once In Your Head

libation \ly-BAY-shun\, noun:

1. The act of pouring a liquid (usually wine) either on the ground or on a victim in sacrifice to some deity; also, the wine or liquid thus poured out.
2. A beverage, especially an alcoholic beverage.
3. An act or instance of drinking.

Gee, I wonder why this is the word of the day. It may have something to do with this unnecessary excuse for America to get shitfaced today known as St. Patrick's Day. I'm convinced that no one actually gives a damn about being Irish or heritage or what have you.

The girl next to me in Anthropology class yesterday said that she loves this day because she's Irish. I asked if she wasn't Irish every other day of the year. She said that, well yeah, but today's the day she can really show her pride in it. I asked if she needed an excuse to be proud of who she is. She didn't answer--just shrugged-- and the guy behind me called me cynical. I turned, looked at him, and shrugged.

I am cynical. I'm not going to deny it because it's who I am, and I believe you should have pride in who you are regardless of what day it is.

I've been thinking about Twitter a lot recently. (I know I have no segue, but I couldn't expound one.) On the one hand it's pointless, as are most things on the internet, and I'm certain that I'd become hopelessly addicted to it, updating on every damn thing that comes to mind. On the other hand, however, I like the idea of telling people the random thoughts that run through my head. Isn't that what this is for, though? Isn't Twitter just microblogging? Why should I microblog when I already blog? Why the hell is "blog" a verb?

To further alienate myself from "normal" non-music-obsessed society, I need to rock right out of this hole and go. Also my back needs to stop hurting, but that's due to sitting on the ground leaning up against a wall. My posture is usually better.

Someone just tripped over me. Assholes, I am far from invisible, even if I'm sitting down.

~Edit: 13.15~

10 Tips to Survive the Road (from our friends of Dizzy Balloon, who cannot spell)

1. Floor is good. Carpet is great. Couch is best
2. Drink lots of water, because not only is it healthy it's free!
3. Let your facial hair grow when playing 21+ shows
4. Don't sit next to the sick guy in the van
5. Don't let guitarists drive
6. College meal cards from friend are awesome
7. Be prepared when playing with a band called Shrimp
8. Red Bull gives you wings
9. When driving through the desert trust the GPS
10. Go with the flow, the road is unpredictable

No comments: